Chemical peels can improve the appearance of the skin. It’s a chemical solution applied to the skin that makes it “blister” and eventually peel off, removing damaged skin cells and revealing the healthier skin underneath. The new skin is typically less wrinkled and smoother than the old skin. Chemical peels can be done to the face, neck, or hands.
Chemical peels are used to:
· Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
· Treat wrinkles caused by aging and sun damage
· Improve the appearance of mild scars
· Improve the look and feel of the skin
· Treat certain types of acne
· Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
Following a chemical peel, the skin may be temporarily more sensitive to the sun. Sunscreen should be worn daily and should say “broad-spectrum” on the label, which means it protects against the sun’s UVA and UVB rays. Sunscreen should be above 30 SPF. Limit your time in the sun and avoid being in the sun during the heat of the day (between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.).
At Ohio Head and Neck Surgeons, we understand your concerns when seeking cosmetic treatment options. Please contact our office to schedule a consultation with one of our quality ENT specialists. For more information on scheduling click here.
To prepare for your first appointment, you can also visit our New Patients page to find important forms you will need at your appointment, including registration and health history.